Government Investment Partners, LLC (“GIP”) is a privately held real estate investment management company focused on acquiring, developing, or repurposing assets primarily leased to federal, state, and other governmental agencies. GIP is based in Deer Park, Illinois with key strategic regional offices in Atlanta, Georgia, and Sacramento, California. Government Investment Partners has a national reach allowing it to acquire, operate, and reposition properties throughout the country.
The Asset Manager will be the key interface on properties and value add transactions. The Asset Manager will be responsible for maintaining outstanding working relationships with GIP customers and asset management of the specific real estate investments developed through these ventures.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Work with the SVP of Asset Management on assigned transactions from inception of the transaction through closing. Participate in the due diligence and development of the business plan for assets.
- The Asset Manager will assist with establishment and execute on the investment strategy and business plan for their assets with the objective of meeting the owner’s investment strategy, whether it is increasing occupancy, maximizing cash flow, or achieving long term or immediate value. The Asset Manager will forecast income and expense projections and capital requirements as well as present risk-return analysis and hold/sell recommendations to the SVP.
- The Asset Manager has primary responsibility for the financial performance for all assigned assets. The Asset Manager will apply a proactive management strategy to achieve specific income, expense, and leasing velocity targets as per the approved annual budget for each asset in their portfolio.
- The Asset Manager will be responsible for proactive oversight during the entire leasing/releasing process.
- Oversee operations at assigned properties, including timely preparation, review and approval of budgets, leasing/sale objectives, financial reporting, material contracts, capital expenditures, and other operating items. Perform lease administration tasks from monitoring of the tenant improvement costs and schedule through the termination of the lease.
- Become knowledgeable of each market where assigned for each property. Understand current and future trends in demographics, job growth, economic drivers, product supply as well as any other market forces. Visit and review properties, interview and establish strategic relationships with major tenants, tour competing projects and understand each asset’s position relative to its competitive set.
- Assist with selecting and engaging brokers to lease and sell the property.
- Work with joint venture partners in construction, development and/or substantial repositioning of assets and property dispositions.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of real estate property management, asset sales, contract negotiations, leasing and positioning strategy, insurance requirements, and tax and legal matters regarding real estate investments.
- Maintain a strong analytic and quantitative, finance driven approach to the business including confidence in working with Excel analysis.
- Bring institutional and entrepreneurial ownership perspective and experience to help sustain industry best practices as GIP grows its real estate portfolio.
- Possesses a high degree of urgency and commitment to “get the job done”. Be a “driver” rather than an administrator.
- Have a strong reputation for integrity and a principled approach to the business. Be known for your high level of integrity, honesty and respect for others in both your personal and business relationships.
- Detail-oriented with a good, strong ability to think and communicate strategically.
- Effective written and oral communications skills. Excellent presentation skills. Thoughtful listener. Direct and open communication style.
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people from peers, staff, investors and other outside professionals. Has the personal presence to deal effectively and independently with these constituencies.
- BA or BS degree preferred. 5 years as a real estate Asset Manager or 10 years relevant real estate experience.
- ARGUS, Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Dropbox
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Ability to sit in front of and work at a computer for a good portion of the day. Ability to stand, squat, lift when filing documents in large drawers or cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to move around the office building.